Lasu 2017/2018 Post UTME Form and Admission Screening Date
Lasu 2017/2018 Post UTME form is out. The form costs N5000. Candidates who chose Lasu as first choice in the 2017 Jamb examination and had a score of 190 and above can apply. Also all Pre Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lasu in the 2017/2018 academic session and who must have chosen Lasu as first choice in the 2017 Jamb examination and had a score of 190 and above can apply. And finally all candidates of Lagos State Origin who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University can also apply.
In addition to the above requirements, candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October, 2017 and must possess five O'Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than two sittings except for Medicine and Dentistry that require only one sitting. Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course must possess six O’Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one other science subject and any other subject before they will be allowed to use two sittings. Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lasu. Candidates with awaiting results are also eligible to apply for screening but the awaited result must be uploaded no later than 15th September, 2017. Candidates of Lagos State Origin who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) committee must fill in their IIVC code on the screening portal. Note that any examination taken after July 2017 is not acceptable. Registration will begin on Monday, 28th August, 2017. The deadline for applying is Friday, 15th September, 2017.
The Screening of Candidates will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in five best relevant subjects to candidate’s choice of course. The relevant subjects are obtainable from 2017 JAMB brochure available online at http://jamb.org.ng or http://bit.ly/2w6SUkG. Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’Level subject requirements for their course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening.
The Point grading system is as follows:
LASU AGGREGATE = UTME POINT + O-LEVEL POINT = 100%
UTME POINT = [UTME (400)] /8 = 50%
O-LEVEL POINT = 50%
OLEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
A1 - 10 points
A2 (B2) - 9 points
B3, A3 (B3) - 8 points
C4 - 7 points
C5 - 6 points
C6 - 5 points
Total Obtainable - 50 %
Please note that only the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2017/2018 academic session. Therefore, candidates can only apply for any of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission.
- Christian Studies
- Islamic Studies
- History & International Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Portuguese / English
- Arabic Education
- Christian Studies Education
- Islamic Studies Education
- English Education
- French Education
- History Education
- Yoruba Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Physical & Health Education
- Health Education
- Computer Science Education
- Educational Technology
- Business Education
- Accounting Education
- Educational Management
- Geography Education
- Economics Education
- Political Science Education
4. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
5. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Public Administration
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
- Management Technology
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
6. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
- Mass Communication
- Computer Science
8. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
9. SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Geography & Planning
- Political Science
10. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Chemical and Polymer Engineering
To apply, follow the instructions below:
1. Go to http://bit.ly/2bTIcS0.
2. Select Make Payment option in the drop down list at the top to pay a non-refundable fee of N5000 (N3000 for LASU Internet Access fee and N2000 for Screening fee). You will be required to submit your Jamb Registration Number, surname, first name, middle name, email address and telephone number. Your email address and phone number must be active and personal. After entering your details, click on Proceed. A transaction ID will be displayed on the next page.
3. Copy the transaction ID and go to http://bit.ly/2bTJjRB to make your payment. On that page, click on pay, enter your email address, phone number and transaction ID. Enter your ATM card details and then click Process payment. Print your payment receipt. A transaction message will also be sent to your email address and phone number.
4. After making your payment, go back to http://bit.ly/2bTIcS0 and click Continue Registration to print your screening PIN.
5. Use your Jamb registration Number and screening PIN to login to the Lasu Online Screening Platform at http://bit.ly/2w6GzN7 for the screening after Selecting UTME.
6. Carefully fill in your personal details as required: upload passport photograph of not more than 20KB (JPEG); carefully enter your UTME details; scan and upload UTME result slip of not more than 20KB (PDF); select number of O’Level sitting(s); scan and upload O’Level result slip(s) of not more than 20KB (PDF); and input required O’Level details.
7. Carefully preview all details supplied and certify that they are correct. Check the I certify checkbox if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview. By ticking the Certify checkbox, you confirm that the screening will be premised only on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms you will not be permitted to go beyond this point. After that, click Continue to submit your application.
8. After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage. Enter your UTME Registration Number then click Download Result to generate your Screening report.
If you have any question, send an email to email@example.com.
If you will like us to send you a text message whenever there is a news relating to Lasu 2017/2018 Post UTME Admission, enter your mobile number below and click Subscribe and we will send you a text message for any other news relating to it until the series is completed. Subscription costs N200 and you can subscribe with any Nigerian mobile number and pay for it using a recharge card, the credit on your phone or the money in your bank account. If you have any problem using the form below to subscribe or you have any other question, click here to get help.