Lasu 2016/2017 First Choice Post UTME Screening Exercise
Lasu 2016/2017 First Choice Post UTME Screening Exercise has resumed. Candidates who chose Lasu as first choice in Jamb and had a minimum score of 190 and is at least 16 years of age can apply. Candidates who chose Lasu as second choice will be screened in late September/October 2016 when screening for first choice candidates would have been concluded. The deadline for registration is midnight on Tuesday, 6th September, 2016.
Please note the following:
1. Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 levels will be required (if admitted) to prove their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University.
2. Candidates should note that only the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2016/2017 Academic Session. Therefore, only candidates who chose any of the under listed courses should apply.
Christian Religious Studies
Islamic Religious Studies
History & International Studies
Portuguese / English
Islamic Studies Education
Physical & Health Education
Computer Science Education
Political Science Education
3 LAW Common/Civil Law
4. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
5. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Banking & Finance
Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
6. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
8. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Medicine & Surgery
9. SOCIAL SCIENCES
Geography & Planning
10. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
Electronics & Computer Engineering
Chemical and Polymer Engineering
To apply, follow the instructions below:
1. If you have not previously paid for Lasu admission screening:
a. Go to http:// screening.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop down list at the top to make the required payment of N5,000 (Platform Access Fee N2,500, Screening fee N2,500) for the 2016/2017 LASU Admission Screening Exercise. You will be required to enter your JAMB Registration Number, Surname, First name, Middle name, Email Address and telephone number (email address and phone number must be active and personal to the applicant).
b. Click on PROCEED
c. On the next page, a TRANSACTION ID to be used for payment would be displayed. Copy this TRANSACTION ID.
d. Go to http://bit.ly/2bTJjRB
i. Click on PAY
ii. Enter your email address, GSM number.
iii. Enter the Transaction ID
iv. Enter details of your ATM card
v. Click Process payment
vi. Print your Payment receipt from the screen. A transaction message will be sent to your email and phone number, hence the need to use your personal email address and phone number.
2. After payment (or if you have already made payment before) follow the intructions below to complete your registration:
1. Go to http://bit.ly/2bTIcS0 and select CONTINUE REGISTRATION option in the drop down list at the top.
2. Enter the required details (JAMB Registration number, surname and Mode of Entry: UME or DE).
3. Click on PROCEED button to load/update the Registration Form.
4. Upload a scanned copy of your passport size photograph (File Size: Not more than 20KB; File format: JPEG [i.e. ‘jpg’]). Application for change of passport photograph by candidates given provisional admission shall not be allowed. This same passport photograph, uploaded by such candidates, will be used on their degree certificates.
5. Please note that only two choices of course of study are allowed.
6. Carefully study the agreement form. If you agree to the stated terms, click on the 'I agree’ button on the left-hand side of the page. Please note that if you do not agree to the stated terms you will not be permitted to go beyond this point. Please read and understand the terms before registering/updating.
7. Fill in all required details contained on the online registration form. Confirm that details are accurate then click FINISH. To make changes, before you click finish, you may click on the Edit button.
8. Candidates must possess five (5) O' Level credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than two sittings, except Medicine that requires ONLY 1 sitting.
9. Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
10. Candidates awaiting the result of NABTEB, NECO (June/July) 2016, are eligible to apply. Note that any examination taken after July 2016 shall not be accepted.
11. Make sure you print your Registration Form/Slip as this serves as your entry ticket into the screening hall.
3. Online screening format
The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in five BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidates Choice of Course. The relevant subjects are obtainable from JAMB brochure 2016 available online at http://bit.ly/2bTJmNo. Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the OLevel subject requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening. In the Screening step, Candidates are expected to fill in ONLY FIVE (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects as contained in JAMB Brochure 2016 online.
The Point grading system is as follows:
A2 (B2) 9
A3 (B3) 8
TOTAL OBTAINABLE 50 %
Please note that candidates who had earlier responded to the previous advertisement placed in the Guardian Newspaper of Friday, 10th June, 2016 and the The Nation Newspaper of Monday, 13th June, 2016 and who had completed their online registration, need not apply again. However, they are expected to update their records as indicated in step 3 above.
If you will like us to send you a text message whenever there is a news relating to Lasu 2016/2017 Post UTME Admission, enter your mobile number below and click Subscribe and we will send you a text message for any other news relating to Lasu 2016/2017 Post UTME Admission until the series is completed. Subscription costs N200 and you can subscribe with an Airtel, Etisalat, Glo or Starcomms mobile number and pay for it using a N200 MTN recharge card. If you have any problem using the form below to subscribe or you have any other question, click here to get help.